UK – The Best Business Investment Destination in Europe
Being the fifth largest economy in the world, UK has emerged has the top destination in Europe for business investment. This is hugely due to its highly developed and market-orientated economy, that governs UK in a major way. It presents foreign investors with a hotbed of varied business opportunities with low labor costs and high returns, making it an attractive business investment destination for foreign investors.
Back in the 18th century, UK was the first country to be industrialized, and in the 19th century the country played a vital role in shaping the global economy. This progress and growth, accounted for 9.1% of the GDP of the world during the 1870.
This has been established by the fact, that as per a survey on corporate deal, by the consulting and accounting firm EY, Britain has been declared as the top investment destination in the world for the first time in the report’s 10-year history, even surpassing the United States.
Why Invest in UK?
- The UK is one of the easiest places to set up business in as a foreign investor, owing to the fact that the World Bank has stated that it merely takes 13 days to establish a business in UK. Also, it has been ranked the first in the entire of Europe, and the sixth in the world to operate business.
- Lowest Corporate tax of 28%, being the lowest in the G7, making UK Visa the best in terms of business potential.
- Low business costs with the lowest corporation tax in the G2, with a tax relief of 230% on research and development expenses.
- If you are an entrepreneur, you will be pleased to know that according to the World Bank report, the UK stands at second place when it comes to employment of workers.
- 57% of Fortune 500 companies have their headquarters stationed in Europe.
- Best in terms of Innovation being the ranked as the top 5 on the Global Innovation Index.
Types of UK Business Visa
UK Innovator Visa
Substituted by the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on the 7th March, 2019, the UK Innovator Visa has been specially designed for qualified business professionals to set up an innovative business in their own area of expertise. The UK visa applications required for the Innovator Visa Program will be reviewed on the factors of Innovation, Viability and Scalability of the business idea of the potential applicant. With the innovator visa you can stay in UK up to 3 years.
UK Startup Visa
This UK visa has been replaced by the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa program. This visa has been created for an early-stage but high potential entrepreneurs wanting to establish a business in the UK for the first time. Via the pathway of this visa, you can live in the UK for up till 2 years, but will not be able to apply in order to extend this visa.
UK (Tier 1) Investor Visa
UK (Tier 1) Investor Visa is a UK business visa which specially caters to high net worth business people who are prepared to make an investment, and immigrate to UK to live, study and work, along with their family. With this visa you can stay in UK till a period of 3 years and 4 months.
If you are looking for a gateway to the market of EU, then UK acts as the apt gateway to the European market comprising of 27 member states. Even in the 21st century, UK continues to be a force to reckon due to its strong potential to project power and influence around the world. This is the reason UK has managed to attract more foreign direct investment (FDI) than any other country in Europe, making it an ideal place for business investment, startup or innovation.