Mauritius Visa is an island country and a holiday paradise located at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Due to the immense popularity of tourism, there are substantial business opportunities in hospitality, real estate, Information technology, and financial services. The country has introduced two exclusive residence permit Mauritius pathways (Occupation Permit and Residency Permit) to capture more investments by welcoming foreign Investors, professionals, Self-employed, Retirees, and International Students in Mauritius (Mauritius visa for Indians).
1) The country is a natural wonder with a breathtaking view of the translucent lagoon water. The quality of life on this island is way better than most of the island's developed countries.
2) Another attraction is the tax incentives for the residents. Income tax for both individuals and businesses is calculated at 15% without tax on inheritance tax and profits. Dividends and other income on capital are also tax-exempt.
3) The country has multicultural and independent, with no language barrier to interact with people daily.
4) Mauritius has a well-developed public healthcare system that is progressing and available free of charge to all residents.
5) Its infrastructure, private and public facilities are entirely reliable, free access to public education for children.
1) Both Occupation Permit and Residence Permit are granted ten years with a renewal provision as per the established criteria of Mauritius residency by investment
2) However, Occupation Permit for Professionals is for a maximum of three years depending on the employment agreement. The permit is renewable as per the established criteria.
3) Occupation Permit for the International Student Graduates in Mauritius is also valid for a full three years depending on the duration of the employment contract. After three years of the permit, an international student can switch the visa to PROFESSIONAL under Occupation Permit.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MAURITIUS OCCUPATION AND RESIDENCE PERMIT?
Occupation Permit for INVESTORS consist of three sub-streams:
1) Stream 1 (Normal)
Transfer the initial USD 50,000 (INR 37.1 Lac) to a bank account of the Mauritian Company for permanent residency by investment
2) Stream 2 (Net-Asset Value)
Have a Net-Asset Value of a minimum of USD 50,000 (INR 37.1 Lac) for your existing businesses and a cumulative turnover of a minimum of 12 million rupees during the last three years.
3) Stream 3 (High Tech Machines & Equipment)
Make an initial investment of USD 50,000 (INR 37.1 Lac), out of which USD 25,000 (INR 18.6 Lac) to be transferred to the bank of the Mauritian business. And the remaining USD 25,000 (INR 18.6 Lac) to be made for high technology machines and equipment as the Chief Executive Officer.
Occupation Permit for INVESTOR FOR INNOVATIVE STARTUPS consist of two sub-streams:
1) Stream 1
There is no minimum investment requirement; however, you need to submit an innovative startup project to the Economic Development Board of Mauritius
2) Stream 2
a. Get registered with the business incubator entity accredited with the Mauritius Research and Innovation Council
b. Draft a business plan by clearly detailing all expenditures related to R&D activities with the help of investor visa consultants
c. Minimum 20% of total operational expenditure must be made during the research phase.
d. The qualifying sectors are R&D, life and health sciences, technology, FinTech, ICT, light manufacturing, biotechnology, Nano-technology, pharmaceuticals, and design.
Occupation Permit for PROFESSIONAL:
1) A foreign professional must be employed in Mauritius accompanied by a contract of employment and registration with the Economic Development Board.
2) The professional must have a basic monthly salary of a minimum of MUR 60,000 (INR 1.11 Lac)
3) If a professional falls under the sectors of ICT, pharmaceutical manufacturing, business process outsourcing, or food processing, the basic monthly salary should be a minimum of MUR 30,000 (INR 56,000)
Occupation Permit for SELF EMPLOYED:
1) A Self-Employed foreign professional must be engaged in a professional activity under the services sector and registered with the Registrar of Businesses.
2) The applicant must make an initial transfer of USD 35,000 (INR 26 Lac) at the time of issuance of the OP to the local bank account in Mauritius.
3) A self-employed individual's business activity should generate an annual business income of INR 800,000 from the third year of application to renew the Occupation Permit Mauritius
Occupation Permit for INTERNATIONAL GRADUATES IN MAURITIUS:
1) Students must have completed an undergraduate degree in a recognized tertiary education institution
2) The permit application must be submitted within six months of the date of the exam results
3) The education and degree must fall under Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, FinTech, Financial Services, Biotechnology, or Information technology. Minister may approve the other fields.
Residence Permit for RETIRED FOREIGN NATIONAL:
1) A Retired Foreign National must be aged 50 years or more
2) The applicant should make an initial transfer of a minimum USD 1,500 (INR 1.12 Lac) to the local bank account in Mauritius at the time of issuance of the permit
3) After that, the Retired Foreign National should transfer at least USD 1,500 monthly or a total of USD 18,000 per year during the ten years of the residence permit.
Residence Permit for DEPENDENTS:
Dependents such as a spouse, parents, and children or lawfully adopted children under 24 years of age of Occupation Permit holders or Retired Foreign Nationals can apply for the residence permit Mauritius
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF MAURITIUS OCCUPATION AND RESIDENCE PERMIT?
1) Must gather all the documents as per the document checklist and apply on the official portal
2) The Occupation Permit Unit (OPU) will validate the applications and requests for further documents if needed. National E-licensing (NELS) platform is available for applications.
3) The following application review will be conducted by a Joint Committee of the Prime Minister's office, the Passport and Immigration Office, and the Economic Development Board.
4) PMO will approve the application and send an approval Principle email which will be valid for 90 days.
5) If the authority does not recommend an application, the applicant can submit an appeal for reconsideration within 30 days. However, the request is a one-time provision through the NELS platform.
6) Once the application is approved, applicants must complete the final application and make an application fee in the online system. For any missing document, the applicant will receive an email or SMS notification for necessary action.
7) Applicant must reach the Occupation Permit Unit to schedule an appointment for personal verification of all original documents.
8) Upon positive verification, applicants will register with the Economic Development Board, and he/she will receive the Occupation/Residence Permit by the Passport and Immigration Office.
Below list of documents are required to meet the Mauritius immigration requirements:
1) Business Plan
2) Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate
3) Business Registration Card, Certificate of incorporation
4) Proof of Investment Funds
5) Medical Certificate
6) Passport & Passport Sized photos
7) Register of Shareholders and directors
8) Appropriate Licenses
10) Brief on the activities of the company
11) Education and Professional Experience Documents (Professional)
12) Contract of employment & Job Description (International students)
1) Investors, Self Employed, Retired Foreign Nations – MUR 20,000 (INR 37,000) – (10 years)
2) Professionals with two years of employment agreement – MUR 15,000 (INR 28,000)
3) Professionals with more than two years but not exceeding three years – MUR 20,000 (INR 37,000)
4) International Graduates in Mauritius – Maximum one year – MUR 5,000 (INR 10,000)
5) International Graduates in Mauritius – 1 to 2 years – MUR 7,500 (INR 14,000)
6) International Graduates in Mauritius – 2 to 3 years – MUR 10,000 (INR 19,000)
7) Dependents of Occupation or Residence Permit holder – MUR 5,000 (INR 10,000) per dependent
HOW CAN ABHINAV HELP YOU?
Abhinav Immigration is one of the most seasoned and renowned Immigration Brand globally with a successful career graph of more than 28 years in Business Immigration Applications (Citizenship by Investment, Residency by Investment, Startup, Entrepreneur Visa, Self-Employed Visa, Global Talent Visa, and other business visas). Our dedication business immigration division is experienced and skilled in processing Mauritius permanent residency by investment and occupation applications with extreme skill and talent.
1) Our vast network of liaisons with the authorities and designated bodies makes application submission and faster process easy.
2) We provide complete support for investment opportunities, net-worth evaluation, documentation submission, legal consulting methods, and post-landing services.
3) Our premium services include Business plan drafting, comprehensive research, business opportunities finding, documentation preparation, and visa solutions.
4) Our experienced Business Immigration Division meticulously processes the Residency applications with the help of external stakeholders for smooth Immigration.