Residency by investment is one of the most preferred immigration pathways globally. By choosing Residency, applicants are not required to renounce their native country's citizenship. Most of the Indians choose residency pathways as India does not allow dual citizenship. In this scenario, Indian applicants can retain their Indian citizenship, determine any foreign permanent residency, and continue to enjoy both countries' benefits.
A residence investment program is a process wherein the applicants must invest a certain amount in business, government bonds, real estate property, or development funds. The applicants are entitled to avail all the Residency and social benefits of that particular country. Some countries do not even have physical residency requirements; however, some countries require a physical presence. By staying in the country, the applicant is eligible to attain Citizenship or Passport by the process called Naturalization.
What is the difference between temporary and permanent residence?
Temporary residence is granted for a limited period for study, employment, or business establishment. As a temporary resident, the applicant cannot attain the Residency and social benefits of that country. According to experienced Business visa consultants, aspiring business professionals can enter the country as a temporary residency to conduct exploratory business visits for searching business possibilities.
Permanent Residency, on the other hand, is granted indefinitely with physical residency requirements. The permanent Residency is also subject to renewal in case of any discrepancy. PR holders will get citizenship provision after specific years wherein a temporary resident may have to wait longer. Permanent residence status offers the applicant almost identical rights and benefits as the residence investment country's citizens. Permanent residents can settle with the family, work, study, conduct business, and attain another country's citizenship without any time restrictions.
1) Faster Process – The residency programs are generally more straightforward and quicker to get a second residence in your chosen country.
2) Greater mobility – Most of the European countries offer residence by investment programs which means the applicants will get visa-free mobility throughout all Schengen states
3) Quality of life – All the countries under permanent Residency have high living standards, excellent quality of education and healthcare coupled with economic and political stability, and low crime rate.
4) Residence for entire family – Under the program, complete family is eligible for permanent Residency with provision for family and relatives sponsorship
5) Business Possibilities – Once investing, applicants can conduct business activities in these countries with modern, open, and highly developed economies with low business costs.
6) Tax optimization – Some countries are known as “Tax Haven" under the residency pathways wherein applicants do not need to pay taxes on income earned overseas, inheritance, gift, or capital gains.
Investment Permanent Residence has plenty of countries that allow foreign business professionals and skilled professionals to invest in a business, Government Bonds, Real Estate Property, or Development Funds. Different countries have separate application processes and varied processing timelines. Considering the extensive paperwork and complex nature of business and Immigration authorities, it would be better to hire the services of experienced and authentic Business visa consultants. Below is the detailed list of Residency Investment pathways: