Canada Express Entry is the most sought-after and acclaimed immigration pathways in the world due to the ease of process and transparency. Millions of people apply for Canada Immigration through express entry every year wherein thousands of applicants are selected but rest of the applicants remain in the pool due to low CRS score. Likewise, Canada PNP also grants Canada PR visa based on the in-demand occupations of the respective provinces but many applicants get stuck in the queue. What is an alternative solution for those who are waiting in the pool?
Canada Owner Operator Program Using Temporary Foreign Work Permit (TFWP) is a unique pathway for the business professionals and skilled professionals who can make minimum investment and have capability to manage business.
Who does this program function?
Primarily, this business immigration program uses the medium of Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) route through Labour Market Impact Assessment authorization. Traditionally, LMIA authorization is for those Canadian Employers who grants the job offer to a foreign skilled worker after declaring the labor and skill shortage in the region. But, under owner operator LMIA functions differently which focuses more on the business proposal and establishment. The program gives liberty to launch the business anywhere in Canada without any mandatory advertising/recruitment process.
Most importantly, LMIA authorization facilitate the skilled applicant to receive additional CRS Points up to 200.
- 200 CRS Points – Senior managerial positions (NOCs 0011, 0012, 0013, 0014, 0015 and 0016)
- 50 CRS Points – Skilled professionals under O, A, B occupations
What is the eligibility requirement?
- No minimum net worth requirements but every applicant must have the financial ability to start and run the business in Canada.
- Must be the primary shareholder of the business and generate employment for Canadian citizens and residents.
- Obtain Canada work permit via Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) authorization
- Submit business plan to start a business or Ownership (50.1%) of existing business in Canada
- Investment between CAD 200,000 to CAD 500,000
- Have minimum 1 year of skilled work experience (management experience)