With the investor driven EB- 5 Visa or the employment-based fifth preference category you and your family reserve a right to live, study, work, and retire anywhere in the United States. Settling in U.S. becomes easier when with the help of your business, you have the potential to generate widespread employment in U.S.
With just a capital investment, you benefit the U.S economy, by generating job vacancies that uplifts the downtrodden scenario of local employment. Since it’s a sure shot route to permanent residency in U.S. you will be no short of being called as the prized holder of Green card.
Overseas immigrants can either select to invest at an individual level or via larger investor pool via regional centers (RC). These regional centers are mainly federally approved third-party intermediaries which puts foreign investors in contact with developers who require funding, and thereby take a commission.
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program is basically one of five employment-based (EB) preference programs in the United States, making it an active generator of local employment leading to economic progress. These regional centers are primarily private that are meant for profit businesses that are approved by the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
To be able to apply for the EB-5 visa you will be required to:
- With effect from Nov. 21, 2019, applicants of EB-5 visa are required to make a capital investment of either $900,000 or $1,800,000 towards a U.S. based commercial enterprise.
- The least amount of capital required for EB-5 visa program can be reduced from $1,800,000 to $900,000, if the investment is directed towards a commercial entity situated in a targeted employment area (TEA).
- Creation of 10 full time jobs for U.S. workers
- Make note that the commercial enterprise be for-profit and not inclusive of any non-commercial activities.
- Invest in new commercial enterprise established after Nov. 29, 1990 or on or prior to Nov. 29, 1990, which was purchased
- Restructuring of the current business in a way which results in a new commercial enterprise or expansion via investment. This must bring a 40% increase in the net worth or in the number of employees.
With the EB-5 visa not only do you achieve an access to Conditional 2-year Green Card, but a direct pathway to U.S. permanent residency, and thereafter citizenship as a result. And, what more, certain EB-5 investors are recipients of Priority date retention making it a highly valued visa to have for prospective immigrant investors.