The EB-5 Investor visa is a pathway created for high net-worth foreign investors who want to obtain residency in the United States. It is a powerful tool for the U.S. to help stimulate the economy post-Covid-19 pandemics, especially in terms of economic development and job creation. Hence, wealthy investors may leverage this opportunity to realize their American dream. The program was launched in 1990, aiming to boost the American economy by injecting foreign capital investments needed to create employment opportunities in the U.S.
The standard minimum foreign investment- $900,000 to $1.8 million depending upon the location investors may choose to invest in- can help revive the market without any expense to the U.S. taxpayers. The American government issues 10,000 EB-5 visas every year to qualified applicants. As per the criteria, the investment must create ten full-time jobs for American citizens or residents.
Investors may choose to invest their money through a direct route investment or an approved regional center.
Benefits of EB-5 Investor Visa:
The EB-5 investor visa is beneficial for the foreign investor in the following ways:
- Access to the U.S. education system
- Right to live, work, study, and retire in America
- Get Permanent residency in the U.S. within 1-2 years.
- Investors and families are eligible for Green Cards.
- Acceptance in the U.S. universities and colleges with lower tuition fee
- Apply for U.S. citizenship after five years of obtaining permanent residency
Why Invest in the USA?
The United States of America offers a plethora of benefits to its citizens and residents. Here are some of the key reasons why you should consider investing in the U.S.:
- As the third-largest nation by geography, the United States is home to rich and diverse landscapes with plenty of natural resources, including petroleum, energy, and natural gas. The country is lauded for its state-of-the-art infrastructure that facilitates the efficient movement of products and services.
- The United States has the most developed and advanced financial markets in the world. There is absolutely no shortage of financial resources to help companies grow and expand from banks to investment firms to angel investors.
- America is one of the top 10 destinations of the world reputed for ease of doing business. The U.S. was also ranked number 2 on the Global Competitiveness Report’s index for 2019 by the World Economic Forum.
- The country currently holds a reputation for being the most coveted single consumer market. The U.S. also enjoys a promising GDP every year, making it the best state to do business.
- Another huge benefit of investing in the U.S. is that the U.S. government protects investors’ rights and interests. The country has an extremely transparent legal system focusing on safeguarding intellectual property rights.
- The top-notch education system of the United States is no secret. The country is home to some globally renowned universities globally, including- Harvard University, Stanford University, Massachusetts University of Technology, etc., besides top universities. There are also numerous options for specific training and higher education programs.
EB-5 Investor Visa- Who is Eligible?
To qualify as an immigrant investor under the EB-5 visa program, a foreign national must invest the following minimum qualifying capital dollar amounts in a qualifying commercial enterprise:
- $1,800,000 (U.S.); or
- $900,000 (U.S.) in a high-unemployment or rural area, considered a targeted employment area
- The investment must be able to generate at least ten full-time work opportunities for Americans.
Even after making the required investment, the EB-5 applicants must go through the same process just like any other foreign national entering the United States. It includes- background checks, security screenings, medical examination reports, and submitting sufficient documents in favor of the investment amount.
EB-5 US Investor Visa Project- Tips and Tricks to Expedite the Process
The most important thing prospective investors should understand while applying for the EB-5 process is the steps they could take to expedite the approval process. Once the I-526 petition (also knowns as EB-5) is filed, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) will forward the application to a USCIS officer for further process.
The processing time between the petition filing and assigned to a USCIS officer can be a bit lengthy. The review and evaluation process can also take a lot of time. At present, USCIS takes around 33.5 months-60 months to process the EB-5 investor visa case from the date of application received.
One of the most proven ways to speed up the adjunction process for the I-526 petition is by investing in a Project with Expedited I-526 Approval. Individuals can submit an expedited request with their I-526 petition when filing or sending the request after their petition has already been filed.
Depending upon the case’s nature, Regional center investors can request USCIS to expedite their application process. USCIS will expedite either Form I-924 or Form I-526 if the application meets the USCIS “expedite criteria.” The USCIS might speed up your application if there is:
A severe financial loss to a company or individual;