Kamalini Barua (name changed) is an Award-Winning Assamese Film Actress. As a professional performer, she has done a wide range of feature films, short films, documentaries, and various stage performances. Furthermore, she is also known for directing and producing socially relevant films and documentaries. She earns from her different projects, concerts, and stage shows. As she is very successful in her industry, Ms. Kamalini intends to take her acting experience on a global platform by moving to Canada. Therefore, she is preparing her application for Canada Immigration under the self-employed program for Artists.
Canada is known as the most accepting and welcoming country in the world. They extend their hospitality to all the foreign artists, performers, professionals, and businessmen for Canada Immigration. The Canadian government has designed an exclusive pathway known as Canada Self-Employed Program to attract foreign Self-Employed Persons, Artist, Performers, and Tech Professionals. All these professionals must have relevant experience in arts, cultural activities, or athletics and have intended to make a significant contribution to Canada.
Who can apply for Canada Self-Employed Program?
- Actors, Musicians, Singers, Dancers
- Authors and writers
- Translators, terminologists, and interpreters
- Producers, directors, choreographers, and related occupations
- Painters, sculptors, and other visual artists
- Film and video camera operators
- Graphic arts technicians
- Occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Interior designers and interior decorators
- Theatre, fashion, exhibit, and other creative designers
- Artisans and Craftspersons
- Patternmakers – textile, leather, and fur product
How to be eligible for the immigration program?
To be eligible for the program as an artist or self-employed individual, you need to meet three tests:
- Relevant Experience
- Intent and ability
- Significant contribution
Relevant Experience – For this, you need to meet any one of the following criteria:
- Total of two years of self-employment in cultural activities
- Total of two years of participation in International activities
- One year of self-employment and one year of participation in international activities
Applicants must demonstrate their relevant experience in their respective fields by presenting valid documents, participation letters, and certifications.
Intent and Ability – To demonstrate the sense and ability, you must suffice the following criteria:
- Proof of a past self-employment
- Your net worth
- Comprehensive business plan and settlement plan
- Significant investment in Canada
- Mutual agreements with Canadian Authorities
- Joining cultural associations in Canada
Applicants must validate their genuine intention and ability to continue your self-employment profession in Canada as well.
Significant contribution – In your business plan and settlement plan, you must mention how you will contribute to Canada’s artistic and cultural life. You must convince the immigration officer that you will continue your profession in Canada and utilize your experience to better the Canadian Society.
If you are looking for Canada Immigration via a Self-employment program, we are just one call away. As industry leaders for more than 26 years, we provide the right solutions for settlement in Canada. You may reach us @ 8595338595, or you can write to us at email@example.com.