All business immigrants must show sufficient funds to immigrate to Canada as an entrepreneur. You cannot borrow this money from anyone while applying for any business visa category in Canada. As an immigrant-friendly country, Canada offers tremendous opportunities for eligible foreigners to immigrate through Canadian investor visas. Every year, thousands of overseas entrepreneurs apply to immigrate to Canada through a range of business immigration programs that encourage employment and economic prosperity in Canada.
Five main categories of business immigration in Canada
Foreign nationals with some managerial/business experience and high-net-worth may apply for a Canadian permanent residence with the help of the following business immigration pathways:
- Self Employed Persons
- PNP Business Programs
- Corporate Immigration
- Canada start-up visa
The Canada start-up program has been gaining momentum due to its approach of welcoming immigrants with innovative and scalable business ideas. You do not need any investment to apply for this visa; however, you must get a letter of support from a designated organization, an investment of $200,000 from Venture Capital Firms, and a $75,000 investment from Angel Investor Groups.
The program also requires the applicant to have around $10,000 U.S. ($13,000 Canadian) plus under $2500 U.S. ($3000 Canadian) per family member as settlement funds. After three years of living as a permanent resident, you can apply for Canadian citizenship.
Provincial Nominee Programs
Many provinces in Canada have their business immigration programs, known as Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP). Canadian provinces run several business investment programs via PNPs. You can immigrate to Canada as a business investor using any of the following pathways.
British Columbia PNP
Requirements: $600,000 CAD net worth, 3 years experience being a business owner/manager, invest $200,000 & create at least 1 full-time job for Canadian citizens or PR.
- Entrepreneur pathway
- Requirements: Minimum investment of $250,000, a personal net worth of $500,000 & have 3 years of work experience
- Farm Investor
- Requirements: $300,000 investment, $500,000 net worth, 3 years experience of farm ownership or operation.
Nova Scotia PNP
- Have a minimum of $600,000 CAD in Net Business and Personal Assets,
- Have a minimum of three years of business ownership experience
- Minimum capital investment of $150,000 CAD in Nova Scotia
- Within the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto and Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions) you must have a minimum personal net worth of $800,000 Canadian
- Outside of the Greater Toronto Area, you must have a minimum personal net worth of $400,000 Canadian
- Within the Greater Toronto Area, you must make a minimum personal investment of $600,000 Canadian
- Outside of the Greater Toronto Area, you must make a minimum personal investment of $200,000 Canadian
- Have a minimum of $500,000 (CAD) in Net Business and Personal Asset
- Invest a minimum of $300,000 (CAD) in Regina and Saskatoon, or a minimum of $200,000 (CAD) in all other Saskatchewan communities.
Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- have a minimum net worth of CAD $900,000
- Invest at least $200,000 (CAD) in addition to your investment
If you are not planning to move to Canada right now, then you may consider the above-mentioned business immigration options as your backup plan, just in case you want to move ahead with your business goals.
Do you know more about Immigration visit abhinav.com