What is the Start-up visa UK Program?
The start-up visa UK is a new immigration route to the UK that allows foreign entrepreneurs and investors to set up their businesses in the UK. The UK start-up visa is created for entrepreneurs outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. The visa category replaced the previous Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa and aimed to attract innovative entrepreneurs planning to establish their business acumen in the UK for the first time.
The primary eligibility criteria for the start-up business visa UK are endorsed by a designated body approved by the Home Office. All applications under the start-up visa category are evaluated for Innovation, Viability, and Scalability. The endorsing body comprises UK HEIs (Higher Education Institutions) and business organizations such as accelerators, incubators, and VC firms.
The applicant must also fulfill English language requirements and show that you have enough money to settle in the UK.
Basic Eligibility Requirements for the UK Start-up Visa:
The primary UK startup visa requirements are as follows:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You are not a European Economic Area EEA or Switzerland citizen;
- You have not previously established a business in the UK;
- You have been endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body;
- You meet the English language requirements of at least CEFR Level B2 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening;
- You genuinely intend to undertake, and are capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in your application;
- Meet the maintenance requirement showing at least £945 in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before the date of your application.
Experienced Team for UK Start-up Visa
Our highly dedicated, experienced, and knowledgeable team of immigration experts can help you successfully apply for the start-up business visa the UK.
Our business immigration team specializes in dealing with high net investors and entrepreneurs seeking global migration solutions. It would be a pleasure to assist with your application. Contact us with your Start-up Visa query now!