We live in an interconnected world, with a growing focus on becoming global and enjoying global opportunities. By becoming a global citizen, you’ll broaden your perspective and experience the best quality of life.
What does a Global Citizen Aspire for?
Many countries offer residency and citizenship by investment options to foreign investors and individuals seeking an alternative passport via investment. These schemes allow foreign nationals to participate in economic activity, business, start-ups, real estate, and create jobs. They also allow foreign individuals to obtain citizenship or temporary or permanent residence rights based on their investments.
What does your desired destination should offer you?
- A strong alternative passport
- World-class physical and social infrastructure
- Access to high-quality healthcare facilities
- Political and economic stability
- Enhanced global mobility
- Promising business opportunities
- Favorable tax regimes with best returns on investment
- Access to top-notch education for children
Europe– the best place to live on Earth
Have recent events made you want to leave your home country? Creating a beautiful change often gives you a positive direction in life. It is 2021, which means you know what you want in life now. This is the year to live your dream of providing a safe and steady future for your children.
Europe is a paradise on earth in every sense. From lush green forests to golden beaches, Europe has everything you need to live the best quality of life. Europe also has the best policies and laws in the world that together make this continent worth living for the rest of your lives.
Adding to Europe’s appeal are its gracious people, rich culture, stunning infrastructure, abundant nature, and luxury of peace and stability.
Europe is stunning in every sense
Europe has something for everyone, from ice-capped mountains to beautiful peaks of the Swiss Alps to the Mediterranean coasts.
Europe is famed for its rich cultural values and diversity. Its well-preserved architects reveal a lot about its historical grandeur that attracts thousands of tourists every year.
Europeans are known for the zest of life and celebration. They know how to find magic even in little things. Life is never boring or dull in Europe. From farmer’s markets to spectacular carnivals, Europe will surely get you into a festive mood.
A peaceful and safe place for all
One can find a secure nest in Europe. People in Europe respect each other’s cultural values and give them enough space to practice them. Moreover, Europe’s strong roots of civilization have made this continent a peace-loving haven.
Benefits of living in the European Union
- Freedom to do business with other European countries with no restrictions.
- Visa free’ or ‘visa on arrival’ travel access to 150+ countries
- Access to high-quality healthcare facilities
- Your children can have access to EU universities
- The benefit of subsidized tertiary education & scholarships
- Promising job opportunities
Become a Citizen of the European Union via Portugal Golden Visa
Portugal is the best-value destination in Europe, with tons of growth opportunities. In addition, the country is an active member of the European Union and other national forums.
Portugal is a country where the quality of life is high, healthcare is top-notch and affordable, the pace is slow and pleasant, the safety net is high, and the people are welcoming. The kindness and gentility of the Portuguese people are a brilliant combination.
Why choose Portugal?
Beauty that inspires
Portugal is one of the beautiful countries with a rich cultural heritage and proud history. Portugal is full of UNESCO-marked architecture and historical sites. Portugal has everything you need to live a celebrated life, from magnificent churches to grand palaces to natural geographical beauty.
Cost of living
Portugal is one of Europe’s most affordable countries, and people find it easy to relocate here. In Lisbon, a couple can live comfortably on about $2,200 a month. The cost is much lower for a single person.
Apart from surfing beaches and grant architecture, Portugal offers pleasant weather to its residents. Approximately 3,000 hours of sunshine per year, meaning more sunny days than almost anywhere else in Europe.
Portugal enjoys the reputation of offering a top-notch infrastructure that never fails to impress. Portugal ranks number 15th in the overall quality of infrastructure, according to Doing Business 2017 from the World Bank.
High-quality and affordable education
With a long history of well-respected universities, Portugal is the ultimate study destination for your children. You can choose both public and private universities for further education. Education in Portugal is free and compulsory until the age of 18.
Quality of life
Portugal ranks above in housing, work-life balance, personal security, and environmental quality. Expat Insider 2019 ranked Portugal 1st in the quality of life indicator and the 3rd best place to live.
Portugal Golden Visa- An absolute success model for investors
If you are looking for a secure future for your loved ones, look no further than Portugal’s golden visa. Launched in 2012, the Portuguese government has actively promoted the Golden visa program internationally.
Why do business in Portugal?
There are many reasons to do business in Portugal, some of them are:
- Enjoys a good position in Europe
- Good trade relations with EU countries and the United States, Brazil, or countries in Africa.
- Highly-skilled workforce. The cost of hiring workers is lower compared to other countries.
- Portugal has a high quality of life, and many investors and ex-pats enjoy living in this climate.
- Ranks 12th in ‘Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems 2020 a report by Start-up Genome.
- Lisbon ranks 5th in the ‘European Start-Up Ecosystem 2018’ an Index by EU start-up monitor.
- Offers an easy process for setting up new businesses and obtaining permits.
Key Highlights of the Program
- It’s a ‘Residency by Investment Program’ which leads to a European citizenship
- The most straightforward and most affordable route to EU residency and citizenship.
- Real estate & venture fund are the two most popular choices among investors
- Certain dependent family members can also get Portuguese residency
- Visa Free access to 170+ countries (UK; EU; Canada)
- No need to relocate after investment
- Apply for permanent residence or citizenship after five years
- Fast processing time: 60 days (after investment)
Make Portugal your second home in Europe
- Invest in Portuguese real estate with a minimum property value of €350,000 – €500,000.
- Invest €350,000 in a property in a Portuguese urban regeneration area. If you invest in a low-density area, the investment amount is €280,000.
- Invest at least €350,000 in a qualifying Investment Fund.
- Make a capital transfer of at least €1 million in a Portuguese bank account.
- Purchase Company shares worth at least €1 million.
- Invest at least €1 million in a company.
- Create at least ten jobs for Portuguese nationals.
- Invest at least €350,000 to create a commercial company or reinforce the share capital of a commercial company, through which you create at least five full-time jobs.
- Make a capital transfer of at least €350,000 for research activities in science or technology by either public or private scientific research institutions.
- Make a capital transfer of at least €250,000 to support the arts or reconstruction of national heritage.
Portugal Golden Residency Visa– Process
The Golden Visa application in Portugal is relatively straightforward. Below is a detailed list of steps to take toward a successful application process.
Step 1: Choose your investment type
First, analyze the list of available investment types and choose the most suitable one. Generally, more than 90% of all Portugal Golden Visa applicants opt for real estate investment.
Step 2: Collect all necessary documents
Gather all supporting documents for yourself, the principal applicant, and your dependents. This step is complicated and confusing, especially with all the translations, notarizing, and certifications work that goes behind. Make sure you involve a professional immigration consultant to get the process done right.
Step 3: Get a NIF and open a bank account
Getting a NIF and opening a bank account in Portugal can be done within a day. You can delegate this task to your lawyers to complete the same without being physically present in the country.
Step 4: Complete the investment
As you have already selected your investment route, now pay the investment amount and start the process.
Step 5: Submit Pre-application
You have made the investment and completed the paperwork; it’s time to submit the pre-application online to SEF. Again, you may consult with your professional advisor on this step.
Step 6: Attend an interview with SEF
SEF will provide you an available date for a biometrics appointment. However, the investor and other family members must visit Portugal to give the Biometrics to the Portuguese Immigration authority on the appointment date.
Step 7: Get your Golden Visa
You and your dependents receive your Golden Visa residence cards. Each card is valid for two years, and at the end of the validity period, you must renew the card and get a new one.
The average time for the processing of approvals is currently 6-9 months.
Conditions for renewable
The requirements for renewal are simple. First, the investor and their dependents must return to Portugal submit Biometric data.
- The applicant & family members must show they have been staying in Portugal for at least seven days a year.
- The applicant must show that he still owns the property and does not have debts to the Portuguese state.
- Valid criminal, marriage documents, etc., will be resubmitted.
- Once approved, the card fee is paid, and the process is as above
How can we help?
- Abhinav is a renowned immigration consultancy firm providing business investment solutions to individuals seeking to invest in Portugal.
- Our team exceeds expectations at every level. Our enduring commitment to client service and exceptional quality is echoed repeatedly in our testimonials.
- We will help you discover the best investment option for your family
- We will assist you to invest in your future by purchasing real estate overseas and benefit from the privileges of a second passport.