Canada is an agrarian country and one of the largest agricultural producers and exporters in the world. While many developed countries witnessed a drastic diminution in agri-food sector by 20th century, but Canada remain unaffected and continued to flourish. The country has ample level of opportunities in agriculture sector and if you have Farm Operating experience and required net-worth, then you can attain the most coveted Canada Immigration.
Farmer streams in Canada are basically provincial backed programs and there are two predominant provinces that offer pathways for farmers or Farm Operating Professionals – Alberta and Manitoba
Farming Fact: One out of every 14 farms in the country are owned and operated by immigrants. After operation costs, the average income of farmers in Canada can be around CAD 69,000 (INR 38.4 Lac) per year
Why Choose Farming in Alberta?
- Prairies in Alberta are high yielding for primary farm crops such as Wheat and canola. Production of red meat and dairy products are also prevalent in the province.
- Residents are eligible for Alberta Farm Fuel Benefit Program that allows producers to receive 9 cent per litre provincial fuel tax exemption on gasoline and diesel
- Alberta can suitable for sole proprietorship, unincorporated family farms, greenhouse operations and large commercial farming operations.
- For any uncertainty such as pandemic, Canadian Govt. reserves economic packages and relief programs especially drafted for Agricultural sector.
- As per the records, there are total 53, 653 Farms or ranches in the province of Alberta that contribute one third of the total agriculture production in Canada
Why Choose Farming in Manitoba?
- As per the statistics, the province of Manitoba harbors a total of 21,071 Farms and ranches
- Manitoba has a provincial funding framework that helps farmers, organizations, agri-processors, researchers and industry service providers
- Majorly most farms in Manitoba are Cattle farms followed by grain, oil seed and wheat farms
- Manitoba is the country largest producer of certain grains and legumes, however its local industry is cattle where opportunities are significant
- During the pandemic 2020, Canadian govt. were quick to support agriculture sector that feeds the entire nation with economic packages.
What are the eligibility requirements for Farmer stream in Canada?
To attain Canada Permanent Residency Permit as farmer or Farm Operating Professional, you can choose from any two programs that has different set of requirements:
Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
- Applicants must have sufficient farm management skills by demonstrative below evidence:
- financial documentation of an existing farm business
- education, training and work experience documentation
- Proposed business plan for farming enterprise in Alberta
- Evidence of Canadian financial institution willing to finance your farming business
- Minimum investment of CAD 500,000 (INR 2.78 Crore) of equity in production farming business
- Minimum net worth of CAD 500,000 (INR 2.78 Crore) or ability to access funds from other sources.
- Demonstrate investment plans in a proposed business plan
Manitoba Farm Investor Pathway
- Minimum investment of CAD 300,000 (INR 1.67 Crore) in farming business
- Minimum verifiable personal net worth of CAD 500,000 (INR 2.78 Crore)
- Must possess minimum three years of farm ownership and farm management experience supported by verifiable documents.
- Willing to conduct Farm Business Research Visit to Manitoba and provide a report.
- Demonstrate adaptability, farming skills and experience that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s farm production sector.
To pursue your Canada Business immigration aspirations as Farmer or Farm Operating Professional, we are providing exclusive immigration solutions for you. For more info and assistance, you may connect with us on 8595338595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.