With its stunning landscapes, rich culture, and strong economy, New Zealand has emerged as a sought-after destination for investors worldwide. The country has unique pathways designed to attract foreign talents who wish to make a significant financial commitment to the country in exchange for a path to residency and, potentially, citizenship. Applicants must understand that the Golden Visa New Zealand program is officially known as the New Zealand Investor Visa, which is open for high-net-worth individuals looking to invest in New Zealand’s economy.
Benefits of the New Zealand Investor Visa
- The Investor visa program leads to residency in New Zealand, which allows you to live, work, and study in the country, providing you with a high quality of life.
- New Zealand offers world-class education and healthcare systems that every resident can access.
- You may choose to establish or invest in a New Zealand business, benefit from the ease of doing business, and attain a high return on investment.
- The country consistently ranks as one of the safest and most stable countries in the world, with low crime rates and political stability.
- It is renowned for its multicultural society that embraces people from all walks of life.
- From pristine beaches to lush forests and majestic mountains, the country offers some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in the world.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NEW ZEALAND BUSINESS VISA
Investor 1 Category:
- Age – There is no age restriction for this category.
- Investment – To qualify, you need to make a minimum investment of NZD 10 million in New Zealand for three years.
- Funds – Must have NZD 3 million in settlement funds and NZD 1 million in assets that can be easily transferred to New Zealand.
- Settlement – The Investor 1 visa leads to permanent residency, and after a minimum of 3 years, you can apply for New Zealand citizenship.
- Intention – Demonstrate your intention to settle in New Zealand.
Investor 2 Category:
- Age – The Investor 2 category has an age limit, and you must be under 65 years of age.
- Investment – To qualify, you must invest a minimum of NZD 3 million in New Zealand over four years. This includes an investment of NZD 1.5 million in growth investments and NZD 1.5 million in settlement funds.
- Settlement – The Investor 2 visa is initially a temporary visa that can be later converted into permanent residency if you meet certain conditions.
- Funds – Must have NZD 1 million in assets that can be easily transferred to New Zealand.
NZ Entrepreneur Work Visa Category:
- Age – If you cross the 60-year age mark, you cannot claim points under the Entrepreneur Work Visa.
- Investment – To qualify, you need to invest a minimum of NZD 100,000 in New Zealand
- Settlement – The visa is initially granted for three years. After three years of successful business, the applicant will be eligible for an Entrepreneur Resident Visa by meeting certain requirements and New Zealand Work Visa Cost.
- Points – Score 120 points under the points scale based on your age, capital investment, business experience, benefits of your business to New Zealand, and location of your business
STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE NEW ZEALAND INVESTOR VISA
- Submit an EOI which outlines your intention to invest in New Zealand
- If your EOI is selected, you’ll receive an invitation to apply for the visa. You will then need to provide detailed information and supporting documents.
- Prepare a comprehensive business plan that outlines your investment intentions, how your investment will benefit New Zealand, and your proposed investment portfolio.
- Once your application is approved, you’ll be required to make the specified investment in New Zealand.
- Your settlement funds and assets will be verified to meet the program requirements.
- You and your family must take character and health checks as part of the application process.
- The type of residency you receive depends on the category you applied under. Investor 1 leads to permanent residency, while Investor 2 initially grants a temporary visa that can be converted into permanent residency.
- For Investor 2 visa holders, you must meet conditions to transition from a temporary visa to permanent residency.
- If you hold an Investor 1 visa and have met the criteria, you can achieve NZ citizenship after three years of residency.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE NEW ZEALAND ENTREPRENEUR WORK VISA
If you want to know how to get a New Zealand Work Visa for an entrepreneur, you can follow the below steps:
- Before you begin the application process, meet the basic eligibility criteria, including age, health, and character requirements.
- Create a comprehensive business plan outlining your proposed business venture in New Zealand.
- You will need to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to invest in your business and support yourself and your family in New Zealand. The specific investment amount required may vary.
- Submit an EOI to Immigration New Zealand indicating your intent to apply for the Entrepreneur Work Visa after meeting the New Zealand Work Visa Cost.
- You can apply for the Entrepreneur Work Visa if your EOI is selected. The selection is based on factors like your business plan and the overall benefit of your proposed business to New Zealand.
- After receiving an invitation to apply, complete the visa application form and submit it to INZ. You must provide supporting documents, including your business plan and financial documents.
- You and your family members may be required to undergo health and character checks.
- INZ may conduct interviews or request additional information to assess your business skills, experience, and the viability of your business plan.
- If your application is approved, you will be issued an Entrepreneur Work Visa, typically valid for an initial period of up to 3 years.
- Upon receiving your Entrepreneur Work Visa, you are expected to actively establish, purchase, or invest in your business in New Zealand as outlined in your business plan.
- You may be eligible for visa extensions if your business is performing well and meeting its targets.
- One of the significant advantages of the Entrepreneur Work Visa is the potential path to permanent residency in New Zealand.
The Golden Visa New Zealand Visa program opens the door to a world of opportunities in one of the planet’s most beautiful and stable countries. If you wish to pursue an investor visa or entrepreneur work visa to New Zealand, you can choose Abhinav as your immigration companion for becoming a citizen or resident of New Zealand. For more info, you can reach our experts at 8595338595 or mail us at [email protected]