On a global level, Canada is hailed as one of the best countries to start a business venture or investing in a business. This has achieved with the constant effort and positive policies of the Govt., favorable economic climate, work ethics of the workforce, multiculturalism and diversity of the people. This impacted the economy of the nation positively allowing more room for business opportunities.
In order to support the small and medium businesses, Canada has come up with the unique Pathway “Canada Owner Operator – LMIA / Work Permit Program”. Under this program, eligible investors, entrepreneur or even skilled professionals with ability to run the business, can apply who wish to start a business or invest in an existing business.
How to be eligible for Canada Owner Operator – LMIA / Work Permit Program?
The primary benefit of this pathway is there is no minimum net worth requirements for the business in Canada. However, the applicant must have the financial ability to start and run the business in Canada. Below is the eligibility requirements for the program:
- Obtain Canada work permit via Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application and approval
- Demonstrate the business plan to start a business or Ownership (50.1%) of existing business in Canada
- Must make the investment between CAD 200000 to CAD 500000
- Minimum 1 year of skilled work experience (management experience)
How Canada Owner Operator – LMIA / Work Permit Program will fetch me Canada PR Visa?
The program is not a regular immigration program but a Work Permit centric Business Management program. Under this, the eligible candidates are granted LMIA / Work permit to start a business or invest in a business of Canada. The selected candidates will act as the owner as well as the skilled employee to run the business.
Under Canada Express Entry, work permit of an applicant can fetch him (50 to 200) additional CRS points for his/her Canada Immigration application. Below is the CRS Points classification under work permit:
- Applicants under the senior managerial positions (NOCs 0011, 0012, 0013, 0014, 0015 and 0016) are awarded additional 200 CRS Points
- Applicants under all other O, A, B occupations are awarded additional 50 CRS Points
Aforementioned additional points will be added to the overall CRS points required for the Canada PR Visa under Canada Express Entry. The owner operator applicants will more likely to receive the Canada PR Visa with this provision.
How Abhinav can help with the Owner Operator application?
With more than 28 years of delivering excellence in the business immigration, Abhinav is fully equipped and proficient in providing business documentation assistance, Market research and visa process. Our dedicated team specializes in all pathways of Canada Business Visa, especially Owner Operator:
- Services of Licensed Immigration Consultant (RCIC Agent)
- Conduct Business Research to identify suitable business opportunities
- Support in establishing corporate framework and structure
- Business Plan assistance and Documentation support
- LMIA Application assistance
- Corporate legal administration
- Correspondence with Govt. authorities
You can check the below link to understand the significance of hiring an RCIC agent and various Immigration frauds within the industry:
To know more about the Canada Business Visa and owner-operator program, you write to us on [email protected] and we will connect with you digitally for free counseling.