Known as a Tier-1 visa, the UK Business Visa is created for people outside the EEA and Switzerland who wish to come to the UK for business purposes. The visa allows them to set up or run a new business in the United Kingdom. A business visa is a one-time or longer-term visa that permits the visa holder to stay in the UK for six months at a time.
You can apply for this visa, if:
- You are attending a meeting or a conference
- You are doing some academic research
- To perform as an artist or a musician
- Attend trade fairs for promotional work only
- Taking part in some sports activities
- Gather information for their employment overseas.
- Planning to launch or buy a new business in the UK
The visa cost and supporting documents required depend on the reason and the length of your stay in the country.
You might be able to stay for longer if:
- you’re coming to the UK for private medical treatment – up to 11 months
- You’re an academic and meet all basic requirements – you, your spouse or partner and your children may be able to stay for up to 12 months.
How long can you stay in the UK with the business visa?
A standard visitor visa for the UK is issued for six months. Visitors can use this time for their business research, to build a business network, meet prospective clients, and set up their business in the UK.
However, under certain situations, you can extend your stay and apply for a longer visitor visa or a multiple entry visa if you want to travel back and forth from your home country to the UK. The long-term standard visa lasts for two, five, and ten years, allowing the holder to live in the UK for six months in each visit.
Eligibility for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
If you want to apply for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for the UK, you must:
- Be a resident of on-EEA countries or Switzerland
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have access to at least £50,000 investment funds
- Be financially strong enough to support yourself during your stay in the UK
- Meet the English language requirements
Documents required for the UK Business Visitor Visa
To apply for a Business Visitor visa, you must submit the following documents:
- Copy of current passport which is at least valid for 6 months.
- A passport size photograph
- Proof of employment or education
- Evidence of bank statement to show that you are able to support yourself for the duration of your visit to the UK.
- Have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor regulations
- Certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
How long does it take to get the Visa?
You should receive your visa application within 3-8 weeks, depending on the country you are applying from. The processing time for your visa also depends on how timely and correctly you have submitted your documents.
Coconut charcoal briquettes for shisha – August 4, 2022:
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really
loved surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I’m
hoping you write again soon!