Greece Financially Independent Person Visa
Greece’s Financially Independent Visa allows economically independent citizens of non-EU countries to apply for a residency permit in Greece. The requirements are simple- show sufficient proof of steady income for the coverage of living expenses, property-related documents, and ownership. Successful applicants get five years of temporary residence status in Greece financially independent person visa, and citizenship in seven to ten years.
To retain the permanent residency status, the applicant must be physically present in Greece for at least one year.
Key highlights of the program
|Type of program
|Independent Means Visa
|Citizenship||After seven years|
|Permanent residency||In five years|
|Minimum investment||Proof of EUR 2 000 income per month. The amount is increased by 20% for the spouse and 15% for each dependent child.
|Physical presence||183 days annually|
|Processing time||Within two-three months|
|Visa-free access||185 countries, including the Schengen area|
Benefits of Greece FIP
Below are the rights of financially independent holder’s visa:
- Freedom to live and work in Greece
- Travel in all Europe with no restrictions
- Get permanent residency in five years and citizenship in seven years
- Access to medical and healthcare benefits
- Children get access to world-class education
General requirements for Greece Financially Independent Visa
The primary applicant must demonstrate that they have a guaranteed stable income in the form of bank statements, dividends, retirement annuities, etc. The details of minimum income levels are mentioned below to qualify:
- EUR 2 000 per month for the primary applicant
- EUR 400 additionally per month in case of accompanied spouse
- EUR 300 additional per month in case of dependent children
Applicant and visa processing fee of EUR 2,500 may apply.
Steps to apply
Step 1: Obtain a visa
The applicant must apply for a special visa from the Greek embassy in their country of residence. The applicant should appear in person and be interviewed briefly in relation to the purpose of their application.
Step 2: Application for a stay permit
The applicant applies for the residence permit once they arrive in Green till their visa is valid.
Step 3: Renewable of the staying permit
In this step, you must prove that you have stayed in Greece for 183 days. You must also submit other documents such as two colored passport photos, a copy of a valid passport, evidence of sufficient funds, etc.
What documents do you need to apply for Greece Financially Independent Visa?
- Application form in two (2) copies.
- Three recent colored passport photographs
- A true copy of a valid passport or equivalent travel document recognized by Greece, together with a valid visa
- Stamp Fee to be issued by the Greek Tax Authority
- A certificate that the applicant has applied to a medical insurer for full coverage of his medical care and expenses
- Evidence that the third-country national has sufficient funds, at the level of consistent annual income
- Evidence that the nation has stayed 183 days per calendar year in Greece