Dutch Start-up Visa for Overseas Entrepreneurs in the Netherlands
Dutch start-up visa : Do you wish to launch your own business? Have an innovative business idea in mind? Are you planning a new life in the Netherlands? The Dutch startup visa is a residence permit that can help you live like an entrepreneur in the Netherlands.
The Dutch start-up visa allows people from outside the European Union (EU), EU, EEA, or Switzerland to come to the Netherlands and launch an innovative business. The visa is valid for one year only, during which the entrepreneur must produce a dynamic and competitive company under the guidance of an experienced facilitator. The facilitator helps new entrepreneurs build their businesses and expand their network in the Dutch economy. Launched in 2015, the startup visa, also known as the “residence permit for startup entrepreneurs,” offers overseas entrepreneurs a solid platform to set up a profitable business in the world’s most competitive economies.
Doing business in the Netherlands
- The Netherlands is one of the most open and robust economies known for its dynamic technology base and rapid innovation.
- Entrepreneurs in the Netherlands take leverage from the country’s state-of-the-art infrastructure – including Europe’s largest port- a competitive business climate and an attractive treaty with over 80 countries.
- Therefore, the Dutch government favors entrepreneurship and has created a tax system that offers many tax incentives to encourage innovation and investment activities.
- The Netherlands is a hub of a well-educated and talented workforce.
- In a rapidly changing world with political and economic chaos everywhere, the Netherlands is a stable and safe country for foreign businesses to prosper in the European markets.
- Incorporating a company is straightforward and can be done within a week if you have all the documents with you.
- With an excellent business climate and living environment. The Netherlands also takes pride in providing the best-of-breed international education, healthcare system, and recreation.
Am I eligible to apply for the Dutch start-up visa?
There are specific eligibility criteria that prospective applicants must meet to qualify. These conditions apply to the applicant and the facilitator.
- You must have an agreement to work together with an experienced and reliable facilitator
- Your product and service should be innovative and competitive
- The startup entrepreneur must demonstrate a solid business plan and how an idea can be flourished into a full-fledged business.
- The entrepreneur must have an active role in the startup business
- The startup entrepreneur must be entered in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce.
- You must have sufficient funds to live in the Netherlands.
Who is a facilitator?
Having a recognized facilitator on board is one of the essential requirements to qualify for the Dutch startup visa. Both the entrepreneur and the facilitator must sign the mutual corporation agreement of working together on a business idea. The role of a facilitator is to ensure support and guidance to the startup entrepreneur depending on the company’s specific needs. The facilitator may help with business operations, marketing, research and development, business investments, and acquisitions to set up an innovative business.
The facilitator must also meet the following conditions:
- The facilitator must have sufficient experience in guiding startups.
- The facilitator must have adequate financial funds to carry on business activities.
- The facilitator may not, in any case, be in receivership or bankrupt and must have no negative equity.
- The facilitator may not have a majority interest in the startup company.
- The facilitator may not be a family member up to the third degree of the startup entrepreneur.
- The facilitator has a deputy within the organization.
Once you obtain an agreement with a facilitator and have your documentation in place, you can submit an “Application for residence “Start-up” working on a self-employed basis (foreign national)” to the IND using the 7588 IND application form.
How Can Abhinav Help You?
Our team of experts helps entrepreneurs make the right decisions regarding their business expansion in their favorite destination.
- Abhinav has over 28 years of experience in immigration and visa consultancy services.
- We have a dedicated team of over 200 immigration experts who work passionately to make your business immigration dream a reality.
- From profile evaluation to document submission, and to choosing the right investment pathway, our migration experts follow every possible step to make this journey a seamless experience.