After Hollywood, Canadian Film & TV is the largest entertainment industry in the American subcontinent. Most of the business is concentrated in the four metropolitan cities – Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Halifax. The Canadian entertainment industry is a growing business that has demonstrated strong resilience in the Pandemic time. When Hollywood and other film industries shut down, Canadian Film & TV industry took measures to support its artists and technical personnel to help ensure its recovery, despite minor hiccups.
If you are an artist and wish to be part of this industry, you can count on the variety of Canada Immigration programs.
Why choose to associate Canadian Film & TV Industry?
- The Canadian Film and television productions are booming due to significantly cheaper production costs than any dollar-earning country.
- Federal and provincial governments support and encourage the productions with the provision of incentives.
- These incentives are significant in offsetting production costs and garner more investment from domestic and international companies.
- Foreign producers can access federal and provincial tax credits of eligible labor and incentives on local spending.
- The majority of Film and TV productions occur in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal, which has many talented artists, professionals, and technicians. These professionals can have wide rage of Canada Business Visa options for migration.
- For uncertainty like Pandemic or any economic slowdown, Government is quick to extend the support. During the Covid-19 phase, the Government announced a multimillion-dollar economic stimulus program that included film and television industry professionals.
Some facts about Canadian Film & TV Industry
- Production Volume: $9.3 Billion
- Full-time Equivalent Jobs: 181,000 (approx.)
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): $12.8 Billion
- Foreign Investment in Production: $5.7 Billion
- Number of businesses: 17,528
- Most significant companies in Entertainment: Entertainment One Ltd & National Film Board of Canada
- Biggest Film Festival: Toronto International Film Festival
- Notable Film Personalities from Canada: Jim Carey, David Cameron, Keanu Reeves, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, Seth Rogen, Denis Villeneuve, etc.
Which immigration program is best for artists?
Considering a wide variety of Visa programs, one particular program will give complete justice and offer quick migration solutions for Artists viz. Canada Self Employed Program. The pathway is exceptional that caters to the Artists, Professionals, and Technicians who have relevant experience in self-employment and aim to contribute to Canada’s cultural, artistic, and economic life. Moreover, there is no investment or minimum net-worth requirements under the program. Upon selection, you and your family will receive an unconditional Canadian Permanent Residency.
If you wish to associate with the thriving Canadian Film and TV Industry, you can opt for our free immigration counseling and guidance on Canada PR Visa. For more details, reach us @ 8595338595 or on [email protected].