As such, there is no exclusive pathway for UK immigration via real estate investment. However, the UK Investor Visa (Tier 1) allows foreign nationals – who can make and maintain an investment of at least £2 million (approximately ₹19.7 crore) – to live, work and study in the UK for up to 3 years and 4 months. This period can be extended for a further two years. Family members of the investor (spouse, partner, child under 18 or child over 18 who is currently in UK as a dependent) can join them in UK.
The government determines whether or not a real estate investment can be considered as a qualifying investment. After five years of residing in UK, an Investor Visa holder can apply for permanent settlement. Those who invest £5 million or £10 million can apply for permanent settlement after only 3 or 2 years of residing in UK, respectively.
Candidates must also meet other UK Investor Visa requirements, including:
- Be above 18 years of age.
- The investment funds must be held in a regulated financial institution(s) such as a bank.
- The investment funds must be disposable i.e. free to spend in the UK.
- At the time of application, the money may be overseas or in the UK.
- The applicant must prove that the investment funds belong to them, or to their spouse or partner.
- The applicant must open a bank account at a UK regulated bank, which can be used for the investment funds.
The fee for submitting an application under this Tier 1 Visa is £1,623. The application can be submitted within the three months before travelling to UK. The visa outcome will be declared within three weeks of applying. Those who wish to have their application processed within 5 days can pay an extra fee of £500 to avail priority service. Students currently in the UK may also be able to apply for this visa.
In order to understand the investment types that can qualify for the UK Investor visa, and find out about the application process, consult India’s most experienced and reliable investor immigration experts – at Business Immigration Visas.