Start a business in Canada in 2022
If you are an Indian wishing to start a business in Canada, then you have the opportunity to achieve your dream. There are many pathways like Canada Startup Visa and entrepreneur programs that allow applicants from India to come to Canada and establish their new business. Interestingly, you can set up and incorporate your new business in Canada without even achieving immigration. You must take the services of an agent for service, have a provincial registry and business name to start a business. And, it becomes smooth to incorporate the business due to ease of doing business in the country.
If you migrate under Canada business visa, you can enjoy all the benefits associated with the Canadian Permanent Residency. Below is the requirement for the startup visa:
- Have a detailed business plan outlining products and services to be offered in Canada
- Obtain a letter of support document from the designated Canadian organization (venture capital groups, angel investors, or business incubators)
- Have minimum language proficiency levels
- Have sufficient funds to live, work and settle in Canada
- Move to Canada on a work permit to establish your business in Canada
If you are self-employed, you can apply for the Canada Self Employed program for successful immigration. You need to demonstrate relevant self-employed experience in art, tech, sports, or cultural activities, with an intention to make a significant contribution in Canada. Applicants must score high points on age, education, language abilities, and adaptability.
How to start a business in Canada?
- Once you attain a work permit under Canada Startup Visa or any other business visa, you can move to Canada for business incorporation
- You must have a unique business idea, business plan or concept, marketing plan, staffing, and other documents.
- Must choose a unique business name considering both marketing and legal considerations
- Choose the structure of the business from sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or cooperative
- If your business is a small scale, you can find funding or financing by debt financing, equity sharing, or government grants
- Acquire Business License or permits depending on the nature of the business
- Register for GST/HST, Provincial Sales Tax on the official federal and provincial portals
To know more about starting a business in Canada and the process for Canada Business Visa, you can sign up for free counseling. You can call us at 8595338595 or [email protected]. To know more about Immigration visit www.abhinav.com.