Australian business visa requirements for Indian citizens
The Australia Business Visa Program aims at inviting successful business owners and investors to establish a business in Australia and get settled in the country on a permanent basis. The primary goal of the business visa Australia is to allow people with business skills to set up a business and get involved in entrepreneurial activity in the country.
There are endless reasons for why it is worth investing in Australia. The country offers a safe, stable, and low-risk business environment backed by a robust and resilient economy. Australia is a global leader when it comes to innovation and skills. The country is a home to some of internationally acclaimed industries, upon which a lot of countries rely upon for their industrial growth. From tourism, to education, to energy production, Australia is a country where you’ll find people with an enterprise mindset and strong competencies.
The government of Australia is also keen to embrace foreign investment. The government actively informs investors on growth opportunities in various business areas and provide them necessary resources from establishing to running their business in Australia.
What are the Different Pathways to Obtaining a Business Visa Australia?
There are basically two pathways to apply for an investor visa Australia. They are described as follows:
Provisional Business Visa- This category of visa allows prospective entrepreneurs or investors to apply for a temporary residence in Australia through a number of provisional business visas. Business owners after spending considerable time in Australia and running a business successfully may apply for an Australia PR visa.
Australian Permanent Business Visas- Designed for highly caliber business investors who are sponsored by an Australian state or a territory government. With this pathway, successful business owners or senior executives may apply for an Australia immigration and establish a new or buy an existing business in Australia.
What are the Basic Requirements for Australia Business Visa?
Foreign business applicants for either Business Skills (Provisional) or Business Talent (Migrant) Visas must provide a declaration on meeting basic Australia business visa requirements of their visa post their arrival in Australia.
- Applicants must also notify the Department of Immigration and Borden Protection of their residential address within six months of their arrival in Australia; and
- Candidates must keep the DIBP informed on a regular basis of any significant changes to their address of residence within 28 days. This also includes any residential address outside Australia.
In addition to this, offshore business visa applicants are required to submit a report of their economic activity or contribution to Australia within 24 months of their initial entry to Australia. To do so, they must become owners or part-owners or hold a senior position in their company.
The business must benefit the Australian economy, and:
- Establish networks or links in International markets;
- Generate sufficient employment opportunities for Australian citizens or permanent residents;
- Implement innovative technologies for producing goods or services;
- Produce goods or services that would otherwise be imported from other countries; and,
- Boost the competitiveness of Australian commercial activities.
In Case of Provisional Business Visa Holders
Australia investor visa requirements for provisional business visa holders are described as follows:
- Candidates applying for a provisional business visa must obtain a substantial ownership interest in a business in Australia;
- The applicant must also submit a proof of significant business assets and a genuine commitment and intention to establish a successful business in Australia;
- They must also display an active participation in the day-to-day business and management activities of the business;
Business Talent Visa Holders
Holders of this visa category are also required to meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria within three years of arriving in Australia. In case of failure, their visa status will be canceled.