The United Kingdom is one of the most popular destinations globally, and it’s justifiably so. Despite its small size, the UK is enormous in economy, high living standards, promising job opportunities, a world-class education system, and rich culture.
The United Kingdom is also among the top ten destinations to live, work, and study.
If you want to secure a British passport through the UK investor visa route, this is the place for you. Keep reading to learn about the benefits of becoming a UK citizen, applying for a British passport, the eligibility criteria, and so on.
Perks of Having a British Passport
- Right to live, work, and study in the UK with no limitations
- Complete civic rights, including voting and standing for public office.
- Free of cost healthcare and other medical facilities
- Freedom to travel across 185 countries, including the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, and Europe.
- Tremendous opportunities to work and establish your business.
- The annual average income of a British citizen is €31,461, and the figure is skyrocketing with each passing day.
- Your children will have access to the prestigious colleges and universities in the United Kingdom
- People in Great Britain have access to clean drinking water, and they live in hygienic conditions.
Why invest in the UK?
As one of the most prominent financial hubs globally, the UK offers tremendous opportunities to those who invest in its economy and get the right to live and work there.
The reason why you should consider investing in the UK are:
- The British economy is dynamic, powerful, and safeguarded against financial crisis
- Best-of-breed infrastructure facilities
- The British government supports small and medium-sized entrepreneurs
- Sound and stable banking system
- Favorable and competent tax policies
- Superior health and education facilities
- High-spending customer base
- Talented workforce and business-friendly environment
- Obtain a British passport after living for five to six years continuously in the UK
How to get a British Passport via Investment?
To apply for a British passport, you must first understand the UK Innovator Visa and other alternative UK business visa routes. The UK government recently shut down its most coveted Golden residency route, known as Tier 1 Investor Visa. The visa was part of the UK’s points-based system offering residency to high net worth entrepreneurs willing to settle in the UK. The minimum investment amount for the Tier 1 investor visa was €2 million.
Since the route has been shut now, high net worth individuals may go for the following ways to migrate to the United Kingdom.
The Innovator Visa is for highly experienced entrepreneurs and business individuals planning to establish a business and permanently settle in the UK. If you have access to £50,000 to invest in a business idea, this is a pathway for you. However, only having funds won’t suffice; your business should also be innovative and scalable. An endorsing body should also support it in the UK.
The innovator visa is valid for three years and can lead to permanent residency in the UK. Applicants may also include their immediate family members in the application.
Eligibility requirements for an innovator visa
To qualify for the innovator visa, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be able to invest a minimum of £50,000 in your UK business
- An authorized body in the UK endorses your business idea
- You must show that your business idea is innovative, scalable, and viable
- Demonstrate competency in the English language of at least CEFR Level B2
- Have access to sufficient financial funds to support yourself, your dependent partner, and your children in the UK.
UK global talent visa is another pathway for leaders in art and culture, academia and research, digital technologies, etc. The visa is valid for five years, and you may extend it every time it expires.
Obtaining British Passport
After running their business successfully in the UK and meeting other requirements, investor applicants may apply for a permanent residency (ILR) within two or three years. The same rule does not apply to their family members as they can only apply for the same in five years. The process for acquiring a British passport is six years, and the following conditions must also be met:
- Demonstrate sufficient documents for living in the UK for five years
- You must be a permanent residency for at least one year
- Applicants must also have a clean criminal record
Get your British Passport through Abhinav Immigration
Abhinav Immigration consultants have extensive experience and expertise in dealing with business and investment migration cases. Our experts will provide you with all documentation support in getting your visa and helping you become a British citizen. We can make your process hassle-free and comfortable by drafting your business plan, preparing you for IELTS, and calculating your assets at (+91) 859 533 8595 for immediate free counseling or write to [email protected]
So, don’t go anywhere. Come to us for the right assistance!