Austria Citizenship by Investment- Your Gateway to become a Global Citizen
Austria, one of Europe’s most popular and wealthiest countries, offers opportunities to foreign investors to call this beautiful country their home. Surrounded by spectacular mountain regions and deeply carved valleys, Austria is a paradise in every sense for its natives and new residents. The country offers a high-quality life to its citizens. Austria’s stable economy, a strategic location at the heart of Europe, and a highly productive workforce make this country a perfect place for business investment.
Citizenship-by-investment in Austria-an Overview
As an immigrant-friendly destination, Austria provides foreign investors and entrepreneurs with an option to get citizenship in the country based on their skills, net worth, and extraordinary achievements.
Austria citizenship by investment provides welcoming conditions for high net worth foreign investors seeking to invest in the country, for which many tax breaks are also available. The Austria citizenship by investment pathway aims to attract high net-worth individuals who want to make investments to spur the country’s economy by providing technology innovation, generating employment opportunities, making valuable contributions to the country’s foreign trade, or donating to a public project.
Benefits of investing in Austria
- Investors may benefit from Austria’s robust economic and systematic political environment offering high living standards to its residents and citizens.
- Easy access to EU countries having Austrian passport.
- Favorable climatic conditions, a myriad of leisure activities, and world-class educational facilities making it an ideal destination to raise a family.
- The standard of education in Austria is exceptionally high when compared globally.
- Access to high-end health and social service facilities and other basic amenities.
- According to the World Competitiveness Yearbook, Austria ranks 1st worldwide regarding workforce productivity and 2nd regarding individual worker motivation.
- As a citizen of Austria, you can live and work in the country and anywhere else in the EU with no restrictions.
Requirements of Austria citizenship-by-investment
According to Art 10 (6) of the Austrian Citizenship Act, one must fulfil the below-mentioned requirements to invest in Austria:
- Those who have performed extraordinary past or prospective achievements, and
- Grant of citizenship is in the interest of the Republic of Austria.
Applicants applying under the extraordinary achievements category are exempt from the following conditions:
- Ten years of uninterrupted legal residence
- Proof of German language skills
- Knowledge of the democratic system and history of Austria and Vienna
- Sufficient means of subsistence
- Renunciation of current citizenship
Under the investment pathway, the applicant is generally required to:
- Make a minimum contribution of EUR 3 million
- Make an active investment in the Austrian economy in a joint venture or direct investment in a business that creates jobs for Austrians.
- Make a significant direct investment.
- No Passive investments in government bonds or real estate qualify under the program.
Usually, it takes around 24-36 months for the Austrian immigration authorities to decide on your application.
Required Documents: Austrian citizenship
- CV of all applicants aged 14 years and above.
- Passport-sized photographs
- Certificate of birth, marriage, death of spouse if applicable, proof of divorce, and proof of previous marriages.
- Proof of change of name.
- Proof of adoption of the child by applicant or spouse.
- Proof of educational qualification.
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of entry in Austria
- Proof of good conduct and character where the applicant has spent more than six months.
- Proof of income for three years immediately preceding the application.