The US Investor Visa Programme, popularly known as the EB-5 Programme, is the swiftest manner for well-heeled people to get Permanent Residency or a Green Card for themselves, their significant other and unwedded kids below 21 years. The primary condition for this scheme is an investment of 500,000 US Dollars in an eligible venture/firm in the nation that will generate 10 employment opportunities.
US Investor Visa Programme–Top Advantages
The scheme comes laden with countless attractions, in the form of advantages. Let’s check some of them here!
- You do not need to have any business or supervision experience.
- Processing time of 16 to 20 months to acquire PR in the country for your family.
- Your investment is given back over a 4.5 year period; the first 66% is returned to you after 2 ½ years; and the rest of 33% is given back 24 months afterwards.
- The investment money is kept in a 100% secure escrow bank account until the administration sanctions the investment venture and your file.
- In case the government rejects you, the escrow bank will give the investment back to you.
- You just require establishing you received the 500,000 US Dollars lawfully. The funds may be sourced from personal savings, a donation, a loan, a bequest, among others.
- You are qualified for the prized American citizenship post a period of 5 years.
- You may keep on carrying-out business somewhere else in the world as long as you maintain a dwelling in the US.
The target of the US Investor Visa Immigrant Programme is basically to boost the national economy even as with your investment, you will become a limited associate in a venture/firm in the country. As discussed before, you do not have to actively take part in the running of the venture/firm.
While it is mandatory that the investment generates or preserve not less than 10 permanent jobs inside 2 years, as mentioned before, you will receive 66% of your investment post a time-frame of 2 ½ years. And the rest of the 33% will be given back to you two years later. And thus, you will have recovered your whole money post four and half years.
The candidates for the EB-5 Visa are characteristically required to make either a 500,000 or 1 million US Dollars capital investment amount into a US money-making venture/mission. The EB-5 investment can take the form of cash, inventory, equipment, secured indebtedness, concrete property, or cash counterparts even as it’s valuated on the basis of the US dollar fair-market value.
The bare minimum amount of the funds necessary for the EB-5 Visa Scheme could be cut down to 500,000 from 1 million US Dollars in case the investment is made in a profit-making entity that is situated in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA). It is required that the EB-5 venture/mission is either in a rural area or in a region that’s plagued with high unemployment with a view to make the cut for the TEA title.
Such areas are basically the geographic positions with a rate of unemployment that is not less than 150% of the national unemployment rate when the EB-5 investment is made. Rural regions are geographic regions that are outside of a city having 20,000 or above people.
EB-5 Business Entities
Numerous kinds of business entities are there in which an EB-5 Visa candidate may make an investment. On the whole, the candidates can invest directly either in a new money-making venture or in a regional center. Fresh profit-making enterprises are legal for-profit entities that can take any of the several different business structures. It is compulsory that all new profitable enterprise have been set-up post November 29, 1990.
But, the mature money-making enterprises can make the grade in case the investment results in a 40% swell in the figure of either the employees or net worth, or in case a mature firm is reorganized to such a level that a new profitable one comes into existence.
Apart from the separate business enterprises, the candidates for the EB-5 Visa may also make an investment in the EB-5 Regional Centers. These manage EB-5 missions. It could be comparatively more beneficial for an investor to make an investment in a regional center-run venture with the reason being he will not have to freely establish the EB-5 ventures.
Write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your updated CV for us to evaluate your profile and reach you to assist you with your query.
Summary: Numerous advantages greet you if you successfully get involved with the popular US Investor Visa Programme.